Sunday, June 8, 2014

CCP Round Two


When I realized I was going to be coming back to South Africa on CCP again, I was sure it was going to be difficult not to compare this new experience to my first summer in Africa. My first CCP was everything I hoped it would be. CCP gave me lifelong friendships and made me fall in love with ministry. Coming back, I knew my role this time would be very different and I wasn’t sure I was going to enjoy it as much. In true “God fashion” he has been faithful to meet all of my needs and has even made me fall in love with my new role and team. In a nut-shell, my role as the CCP Women’s Coordinator is basically just to help set the girls up for success in every aspect of this trip. One of my favorite things has been meeting with each of them one-on-one, helping them think through how they are feeling about this experience. I’ve gotten to see their walks with the Lord and get their thoughts on how ministry is going. I’ve been so thankful for their willingness to open up and let me be even a small part of their ministries.

This summer, the girls have been in two residence halls: Zinnia and Inca. I’ve been able to go with both ministry teams and see some of what has been going on in each. Going with Kelley and Whitney to Zinnia is exciting because they are basically starting from scratch. We didn’t really know any of the girls there, so we just started knocking on doors hoping to meet people that would want to hangout. Finishing up with our fourth week, it has been so cool to see how God has developed and maintained relationships with students here. Kelley and Whitney have been so bold with sharing the Gospel and getting out of their comfort zone for the sake of furthering God’s kingdom. They are having great success with the Bible study they started a few weeks ago and are in the process of recruiting for Joint Winter Conference (JWC). Anna, Anna and Erin are doing ministry in Inca where I have spent the majority of my time. Luckily, Nammy, who is on staff here, had already started a bible study in this res. Anna, Anna and Erin have been trying to meet all of the girls Nammy hasn’t been able to, as well as build deeper relationships with the girls Nammy has already been investing in. I’ve been so encouraged by the way they are willing to direct surface level conversations into challenging spiritual discussions. They have been faithful to follow up with girls after Bible studies and our evangelistic meetings, challenging them to examine their faith. They have seen several girls confess they don’t have a true relationship with God, and they have been able to identify some barriers these girls have put up. Both ministry groups are praying and trusting that God will grow the seeds we have planted and bring many to faith through our efforts.

Week five for us is going to be all about recruiting people to Joint Winter Conference. The JWC is a three day camp that is essentially the culmination of our trip. We have developed these relationships and have had hard conversations with students in the hopes that when they are presented with the Gospel at JWC (or before) they would surrender their lives to The Lord. Please be praying for us as we would continue to push hard in these last two weeks. Pray that we have a since of urgency knowing that we only have a little time left. Most importantly, pray with us that students would be convinced God is better than anything else and that they would long to have eternal life through knowing Christ. Thank you all so much for partnering with us as we finish here. I pray through praying for us and supporting us that God would bless you in so many ways.

 

Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment