Monday, June 2, 2014

Malibongwe Worship Song...





One of the most exciting experiences I have had here has involved worshiping God in other languages.  As an African-American, I would like to think that I have ancestral roots in Africa.  I realize that the truth could be that my ancestors are from anywhere in the world.  Being educated in the U.S. and hearing of the horrors of slavery in the United States, I often have pondered if I have roots in Africa and how great it would be to visit Africa.  I think one of the greatest injustices inflicted during slavery in the U.S. was that the history and culture of a entire people was wiped away.  Some would argue that the African-American still has no identity.  I'm thankful that my ethnicity doesn't define who I am.  The gospel has given me identity.  That being said,  I see my time here as not a chance to identify with South Africans to validate who I am, but as an opportunity to share the identity that matters the most.  But songs such as Malibongwe give me opportunities to dream of what if's.  What if God, in His sovreignty, has brought me back to the land of my ancestors to hear His praise in various languages.  So this a video is from one of our meetings with the South African student leaders; the meeting is called CrossFit.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment